Monday, October 24, 2005

Happy Fitzmas!!

Yes, apparently Idictment Bingo at Fitzmas is just getting everybody breaking out the White House Rose Garden holly and singing Fitzmas carols as the idictments could go down any time now...you bet we're watching Patrick Fitzgerald's website for news...And as WFUV here does do NPR on the hour, hopefully the news will break here as well...I say nothing til I actually hear it's for sure...but I won't deny that-premature it may be-I'll be tempted to crack open one of the leftover bottles of champagne in the office fridge...

ANYWAY...the GOP spin machine is, of course working on overdrive trying to say that if Rove and Libby are indeed indicted, yet not for the actual crime, but just conspiracy, that it won't be a big deal. 'They'll be saying it's like Martha Stewart's conviction...' one reporter on the news this morning mentioned, adding, 'but Martha did go to jail...'" *oooh I hope I hope I hope...I admit it, I'd like to see those boys sporting orange jumpsuits...*

AND...cause they just won't let go, Harriet Miers...it does not look good. But Bush just won't go and find somebody else...he's gonna try to force this through like his Social Security plan and we all saw how that went. I mean, what is the man going to do? Go office to office (well, GOP Senator's office to GOP Senator's office) and try to convince them that she's a good pick? The Republican led Judicial Committee gave her her questionnaire back for more info... and that has never happened before...and neither apparently has a nominee had such a reaction...

And since she's not prone to giving up too much information about her views, the committee is setting up an special inquiry, calling in folks she has apparently talked to...like James Dobson of Focus on The Family (the guy who claimed that SpongeBob was gay -or at least that his showing up on an educational video promoting tolerance was a bad thing) who said this recently:

"When you know some of the things that I know -- that I probably shouldn't know -- you will understand why I have said, with fear and trepidation, that Harriet Miers will be a good justice,"

He's-to me-a fruit loop who's worried about gay cartoon characters...and not helping the nomination by announcing he knows more about Miers' views than the judicial committee, but this is a moment when I'm kinda glad that there are conservatives like him out there to question who could essentially put a nail in the coffin...

And speaking of nails in coffins...Bill Frist...

AND...this rally could happen sooner than later as Code Pink wants to mark the 2,000 military death in Iraq with a peace rally in Times Square (check their website for a rally in your town). As of this morning it was at 1,996. ...just boggles the mind...

Yep, the White House is indeed twitching...and it's about damn time...get out your bingo cards, folks..

AND KEEP E-MAILING!!!!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home