Friday, October 14, 2005

Wow that's one really big snowball...

We are on our 8th straight day of rain here in the Northeast, and it's getting to ME now, but at the same time of the downpours, it appears it's been snowing at the White House and things have just been snowballing ever since...

Let's see, we got:
* the rehearsal tapes from the Prez's conference with soldiers yesterday (aka grave attempt to show progress in Iraq before tomorrow's referendum). Even if this was an innocent rehearsal to help the soldiers "look articulate" before the President (who is just so articulate himself, isn't he?), you gotta know there's gonna be a problem when the line "And if the president asks anything we haven't scripted for him..." is included in the banter. The videotape of the rehearsal was aired on all three networks last night on the 6:30p news, I heard it on NPR as I made my way to Whole Foods and then saw it on the Today Show this morning...

*A Texas prosecutor looking for Tom DeLay's phone records

*The SEC issuing a subpeona to Bill Frist

*Karl Rove is still going through inquiries (and being haunted by the press like paparrazi on Jennifer Aniston...heh heh heh)

*People still think Harriet Miers is stupid...and she won't withdraw...(they just won't let gooooo!) And frankly I wanna know why religion wasn't a factor in Roberts' nomination, but it was for Miers?

*Iraq still a mess

*oh and here's some icing - Harold Pinter, gifted playwright and anti-war activist (called the United States a "monster out of control" at a rally in 2003) got the Nobel Prize for Literature.

I'll bet there's an IV of Jack running into the chair in the Oval Office...but maybe that's just me...

Things could go down yet!

all right, time go check on my wet socks and see if there's a hair dryer somewhere to blow dry my shoes, socks and the calves of my pants (it's been two hours since I got back from lunch and I'm still damp...and breathing in the mold and mustiness from the leaks that broke out yesterday here in my lobby...looooovely...but before you get out the hot toddy, pjs, and blanket or person to curl up with once ya get home, I say KEEP E-MAILING!!!!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home