Friday, October 07, 2005

Subway Threat?

So Mike Bloomberg comes on the news in the early afternoon yesterday and announces that security will be heightened on the subways as there has been a fairly direct threat to their safety. Homeland Security says the source of this threat is "doubtful", but I wouldn't trust Michael "Only 30'd people would die in subway bombing" Chertoff as far as I could throw him. It still hasn't kept me off the train, though.

I got on the A last night after rehearsal and didn't happen to see any extra cops so I guess they were either just stealth cops in hiding or they were still spreading out after Bloomberg's announcement. I did see a couple of cops when I got on the train this morning on the platform, but if there's really heightened security, I think it must be on the East Side.

IN THE MEANTIME...

Harriet Miers...You almost wanna like her cause the conservatives are so ripped about her as Bush's choice, but then again, we all know she's just NOT judge material...and Bush is STILL defending her (I was just thinking...did I hear properly when listening to NPR here that George was saying that she was a "kind thoughtful beautiful woman?"...while pleasant traits, I'm not sure that's all that counts for when deciding on my ability to choose...)

GAH! Again I ask, have the conservatives seen what a dumbass they've elected yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home