Friday, April 17, 2009

Forgot one!

I knew that there was someone I forgot to add to the list there.

Joanna Parson - She has a fab and fun show called "Reddy or Not", a cabaret featuring the music of Helen Reddy. I have seen it and it truly hysterical. Helen Reddy herself saw it and agreed. There is going to be a benefit performance this coming Monday the 20th on behalf of the Transport Group - an excellent theatre company, perhaps best known for the ever fabulous A Train plays. Go. See Joanna. Support local theatre. www.joannaparson.com
(And if you do not make it to Reddy or Not, 4/27 is the nexy Happy Hour Salon hosted by Ms. Parson!)

In the meantime, I would love to thank Bolt Bus for having WiFi. And the man for his acquisition of a laptop for me. it may be an older model, it may be second hand, but it has the latest Mac software and is in my lap right now as we pass a truck from the New England Casket Company (is that a bad sign?). Sooooo excited, I can't even tell you.

I am heading up to MA to catch up with friends and family and may actually catch the Patriot's day parade for the first time in what seems like aeons. I did grow up in Minuteman Land, was in a fife and drum corps and my dad used to narrate the reenactment of the Battle at the Old North Bridge. I have marched in that parade and know some of the reenactors. For me, this will be a trip...and one day I will get the man up there to see it as, well, he has too. I don't think I'll drag him out for the dawn reenactment of the Battle at Lexington - for which there remains a huge crowd - but definitely the parade. Who needs the Marathon when there will be muskets?

Peace and Happy Weekend all! --Alex

KEEP PAYING ATTENTION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home