Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the pros and cons of sleep deprivation

Most times when I am sleep deprived, I get brilliant ideas. Who needs drugs when...? But then there are times like Sunday night when, after being up for I am pretty sure was about 20 hours (perhaps 22 as has been known to happen with me..but for a good reason..not so much this time), I was just tired, sensitive and ended up with a racing brain by the time I got into bed again. Within an hour, I was back out of bed and writing in my journal in the dark and then having a cry in the kitchen.

After that, ideas came.

4 Domino's Pizza napkins worth.

See, there is a gentleman who is looking to do a documentary on my father (woo hoo!) and would like my sister and I to come up with a basic outline. We'd been kinda struggling with this, but suddenly, after the stress writing and the cry, I had a burst of ideas and wrote them down. Later that day, talked to the sister and looks like we may have an outline soon for this guy.

Now if only I could get an outline together for my own show :p

I did test out new material at No Name this past Friday and got some decent response as well as some of that quiet like "um...isn't this a comedy show?" - talking about the comparison between "what are you?" and the Obama campaign quandry "Was he black enough?" might do that - so it was nice to get it up in front of a crowd, despite the fact that I had to use notes. I am looking to test out more of it soon an will keep you posted as to when.

In the meantime, hum good karma as I try to finish my claim for the latest extension of unemployment benefits...I would prefer to have a job, but until then...

Something that made me chuckle while on the phone with unemployment: as I went through a phone prompt menu, one of the statements made was: "You must be determined to be unemployed" I know what they mean, but...perhaps there is a way to reword that? or not...'cause it's funny...


Peace --Alex

and KEEP PAYING ATTENTION!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home