Friday, February 13, 2009

Love in the Time of Economic Hoo Ha

Yes, despite the fact that millions of people have lost their jobs and the economy is the worst its been, Valentine's Day is still on.

And I gotta say, Hallmark Holiday that it may be, I'm still all for it. I am all about spreading the love and man, if we ever needed some love it is right now, so people, think of your loved ones and those you don't even know and put out the love vibe today *mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....loooooooooooove.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

Put out special vibes for the those who were lost and lost loved ones in last night's Buffalo crash. Just awful business.

And send a little extra love to our president today if you can, as well, he's trying to get us all some jobs, keep arts and education funding in the stimulus and good lord, what is with the Secretary of Commerce Position? Let alone just trying to get a few decent people who actually pay their taxes for their cabinet? (oh, I just gave myself the nasty reminder that I have to get my taxes together and after all the 1099's I'm gonna have to PAY for the first time in years...with what, I don't know but I will figure it out)

IN THE MEANTIME...In The Red Room/ Every Woman Dances for Someone opened last night at People Lounge. We had a packed...lounge (so if you plan on coming, make a reservation as there ain't a lot of space!), and despite the various distractions of performing in a bar/lounge, things went well and we got good reaction. There are only two more performances so come on out!

And speaking of limited performances, I will indeed be testing out NEW MATERIAL from Single What? Female, Friday February 20th at No Name and A Bag O' Chips at Otto's Shrunken Head. It will be a great night as host Eric Vetter has a fierce group lined up, and again, I FINALLY have NEW MATERIAL for the show. Progress may be slow with me, but it's happening at long damn last.

And speaking of slow progress, the vocal therapist says things are indeed progressing and next Tuesday she may actually LOOK at the chords again and hopefully give me good news. After nearly reversing weeks of progress with one dinner party, I worked at, you know, not talking, resting the voice, taking it easy at rehearsal and so far so good. It does not hurt that as I sit at my friend Nicole's desk - I am covering for her today as she heads up to Boston to take her mom see John Edward's Crossing Over (Nicole is a GOOD daughter) - that this is a quiet office and I think I have spoken all of 8 words today. It's reception without answering the phones...and there is access to Rock Band. No one has played it yet...might be saved for guests...but gosh darnit that fake drum kit is calling me...

This blog has been brought to you by the vitamin D. Nothing like unemployment. nodes, a lost temp gig and the having to turn down a PAYING and FABULOUS singing gig to throw you over the edge into Seasonal Affective Disorder. If you are presently unemployed and have been for some time, and do NOT live in a sunny, warm paradise, vitamin D, exercise and perhaps a Happy Lite are good things. Just when I thought being a half Scandinavian New Englander was enough...

I do hope you all have a lovely V-day, and weekend, that you get to sleep in Monday and hopefully I'll see at least some of you at In The Red Room or No Name :):):)

And as I listen to a song called "Just get out there and Dance", makes me think of my weekend...where I may have to wear a sign that reads, "Don't talk to me. Just DANCE!"

KEEP PAYING ATTENTION!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home