Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's official...

The man and I have cut off the cable.

It is a money saving measure, but also a measure to keep us from getting our time sucked up from spending far too much time in front of the tube. We mainly stuck to watching stuff we DVR'd (is that a verb now, like "googling"?), but on weekends, we could end up all day on the couch. Sometimes, this is good. But when we are also trying to get things done, whether it was cleaning or actually trying to do a project, or read even, it could get problematic. We figure we will survive as we can get the Daily Show on line as well as many of the shows we really like to watch and if I get a craving to CNN's news-on-crack, I can get that on line as well.

I do wonder if I will actually end up missing commercials for HEAD ON! and those sleeper blankets that look like cult robes (I kept waiting for either purple Nikes to appear or for them to show them in tan with Yoda modeling them.)

All right...time to...not turn on the TV, continue listening to the radio and actually clean up this place :p

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home