Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And just so you know...

I am FINALLY making more progress on SW?F.

I may remain a statistic in the city, and have been distracted from creative ventures by, you know, trying to find a job and all that, but - thank you Kevin from the Savvy Actor for keeping me on a schedule - but the transcriptions are DONE!

Last Friday, I finished typing up Rivka from Atlanta...and I cracked open a bottle of Bourdeaux - thank you Trader Joe's wine shop.

Now I just have to write the rest of the thing.

But the editing has begun. There is nothing like sitting on the subway, reading these, pencil in hand, hearing the voices nearly as clearly as I did on the tape and starting to figure out what's gonna go where. The process is beginning..

And you can SEE some of this progress-well, at least the New Yorkers can-February 20th as I will be testing out new material at my friend Eric's long standing variety show No Name and A Bag O' Chips which will be celebrating its 15th anniversary that night! There will be great comedy from Leighann Lord, music, one of my fav close-up magicians Lee Alan Barrett, solo performer and comedian Marilyn Torres and me at Otto's Shrunken Head.

I will also be in Gordon Farrell's one-act In The Red Room at People Lounge on Allen St. The shows are Thursday 2/12, 2/19 and 2/26. It is a combination of spoken word and monologues taken from conversations Gordon had with various women - strippers to a Christian fundamentalist - essentially about being a woman. It really is some great work, the actresses I am working with are excellent, but I will give fair warning that I have one of the saddest monologues ever. Bring the kleenex.

AND...tentatively (have to clear up one conflict!) on the 26th, I will be at The Tenement Museum for H.R. Britton's storytelling series.

And so ends my shameless plugging.

Hope to see you one of these events!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home