Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blog...List

I cannot beLIEVE that it has been just over a year since I did my fabulous trip. I would love to be promoting the cross country tour of Single What? Female, but sadly that is not the case, BUT I will be testing out new material again May 22nd at No Name and a Bag O' Chips and am looking for other venues as well. The great reaction at the last event really inspired me to make sure I get as much performance time as possible for this, so here's hoping :)

If you would like to relive any of that fab journey, feel free to go back to the April and May 08 archives of this blog :)

IN THE MEANTIME...

My husband and I have a list we have generally put out weekly about events going on around town. I am taking it over this weekend as well, I know too many fab people doing awesome work for me not to.

*No Name and A Bag of Chips - THIS FRIDAY at Otto's Shrunken Head. Eric's got a great line up including close up magician Lee Alan Barrett and the BTK Band! the show is twice a month and dude, it is FREE!!! No cover, no minimum and there is lots of funny. You can't ask for much more than that, my friends.

*Prospect Theatre - I love these people. I've done my cabaret with them as part of their "Dark Nights" series and did the fab show "Museum Pieces" last Spring. The two main things they got going on right now are the new musical Golden Boy Of the Blue Ridge which I hope to be catching soon AND Map Quest. Map Quest is like Museum Pieces in the sense that teams of writers have been asked to write short musicals, but this time rather than pieces of art, it's Map Quested locations. I am very excited to see this, particularly as the team of Alden Terry and John Herin are back and we all so dug singing their Kasinsky-based piece last year.

Perhaps a story - My friend H.R. Britton runs a storytelling evening at The Tenement Museum called Lower East Side Stories. He himself is a great storyteller and has his own show in the works. Tonight's theme: Down and Out in New York- basically tales about being broke in New York and who;s not feeling that right now? He's got a great line up including the ever fabulous Faye Lane AND if you have a three minute tale to tell, you can put your name in a hat and get a chance to tell your story! 6:30pm TONIGHT!

BIG NIGHT OUT! - TONIGHT is the one year anniversary of The Big Night Out hosted by Jennifer Wren and Bill Zeffiro. I am the co-producer of the Featured Composer Series the Big Night Out offers and tonight will be a great feature. The legendary John Meyer will be performing tonight after the open mic and will indeed be worth catching. Head on down to Dillon's Reprise Room on 54th between Broadway and 8th. Show starts at 9pm!

AND BECAUSE IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT...

*The Savvy Actor - Need career help? Wanna do something for Earth Day? Wanna do these things together? Wednesday 4/22 the Savvy Actor and Industry Power Play are having an Earth Day soiree. You get to help the earth as well as help yourself to some fab entertainment industry help from both these groups. I don't know Industry Power Play just yet, but I do know the Savvy Actor folks and they really are excellent. We are artists, but we are also a business and they will help you easily be both. I was working with Kevin (and will again when I can properly pay him) and I would not have gotten as far on SW?F again without him. If you would like to meet The Savvy Actor folks on your own for FREE, there are still a few spots yet for their seminar on faster and better mailings: they have a fab service which my friend Doug uses (surely you know Doug Shapiro) and I will start using myself once I have a proper voice again :) The seminar is at Pearl Studios at 6:30pm, Monday 4/20.

*And now that your taxes are done...they are done, right? But perhaps you want to start saving more, perhaps do some safe investing? Or finally start that emergency fund? Get life insurance? All those fun grown up things? See my friend Shawn. Shawn Cowls will not try to sell you anything and he spells everything out for you. Call him at his office and tell him Alex sent ya: 212-697-1355 x614

Now get out there and enjoy the gorgeous day! (well, at least it is gorgeous here in NYC...:))

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home