Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Time to play Catch-Up...

May? It's really been since MAY that I last posted?

Well, we did have a month of rain that messed with my head so that might have been part of it. People in Seattle were laughing at us, I swear as we suffered through a near month of rain in June. And I, of course, somehow thought I was stronger than the weather...oooooh how wrong I was. So wrong.

IN THE MEANTIME...it only took until July, but we finally are having some actual summer. Today is one of those days, were I still at City Center, I would have again been pushing for the the wireless office. With all the frickin' apps out there for your phone, you'd think someone would have come up with the wireless switchboard for receptionists.

So much political stuff that I cannot believe I took no time to type about...the Republican party essentially having a breakdown with three crazy congressfolk...thank God for The Daily Show for keeping me up to date. The way I have been running around and ignoring my blogging duties, you'd think I had a job. Even now, I am nearly twitching to check SOMETHING ELSE on the computer...something perhaps job/audition related as this almost seems frivolous. Particularly after several chapters of Eden's Outcasts - a revelatory book about Bronson and Louisa May Alcott. Bronson was all about the self-denial, but somehow managed to write in his journal for hours at a stretch. This may not be my journal, but it is worthy of some time.

Particularly as I actually have some work related things to talk about!

August 14th I am tentatively on the bill for No Name again for a fab theme night known as 'Summer Reading". People will read from new work, do storytelling, or heck read what they are reading. I plan on bringing again some fresh summery Single What Female material and see how it goes over...and if I can stick to a strict ten minutes this time.

I also was recently photographed for a visual art piece called 'What Are You Anyway?" created by Samantha Isom. Her pictures are phenomenal and include statements made by the subject (there was a questionnaire to fill out). Ms. Isom is putting together a show featuring bi-racial artists. I do hope to be performing opening night of the exhibit as well as putting in a visual art piece myself.

Things is getting exciting again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home