Monday, May 25, 2009

The work continues...

Thank you Eric Vetter and No Name for squeezing me in this past Friday. I tested out some more new material for Single What? Female... and it went really well. It is nice to get such great response: laughter and cheers even! Thank you to all who came out for it! Now I just need to find another place to keep this going. There are story telling events, comedy nights, play reading evenings, but I have to do further digging for solo show test evenings. And if I can't find one, I need to create one. I need to keep the momentum going! If you know of anything please feel free to pass on the info.

In the meantime, talked too much yesterday...and last weekend, hence I have put myself on conversation pad status. I can honestly say that this has been the longest six months - mentally - since my father died. The nodes should have faded into nothing some time ago, but I am a talker. And a singer. A talker and a singer who is not allowed to talk or sing, but I need to do both in order to get a job (and do the jobs I have), whether it be performance related or just to pay the bills. And thus I am a bit tense. Which is not good for the chords...and the nodes...hence the reason I am on conversation pad status.

I have a very patient husband and equally patient friends.

IN THE MEANTIME...The Red Sox are in first place!!! Yes, they lost two out of three to the Mets, but Toronto lost and the Yankees remain behind, and the Sox did win last night and today, thus they are in first place and I want it to stay that way :) GO SOX!

Also, I do hope you took some time today and this weekend to remember those past and present in the armed forces. remember them now and all through the year.

and KEEP PAYING ATTENTION!!!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home