Thursday, October 27, 2005

well what can ya say...

If you've been under a rock all day, then you may have missed the news this morning that Harriet Miers withdrew her nomination. Apparently, Ms. Miers called George last night and then submitted her letter of withdrawl to the president this morning. I was headed for the subway on my way to a sign up for a chorus call when just before hitting the stairs I heard the "breaking news" on NPR...

I actually wanted to announce it on the train...but then I thought about how the Republicans have all been saying that in general Americans don't care about this over the CIA-Leak case...and then I got to the Equity building and while waiting with some other women to sign up for this chorus call, I just said, "Well for anyone cares, Harriet Miers just withdrew her nomination..." and I got gasps "NO! Really?" and "WHY? Did they say why?" and "Are you serious? When did that happen?"...now, all kinds come through the Equity lobby, and actors in New York are rarely natives...and I can honestly say after the reaction I got there this morning, that these Americans care. (yet we'll still get called latte liberals cause we're in New York City and are actors...)

Apparently, George very reluctantly accepted Miers withdrawal, which is not surprising, but I can't be sure if it's more due to his being angry at the Senate for forcing his hand, or because he's gotta do this all over again and doesn't want to deal with the work ("it's hard work!"). He is blaming the Senate though, to which all I can say it "Dude, you fed this monster. You don't like it, you kill it..."

The one problem with Miers withdrawing though is, whoever George nominates next, could, and most likely will be worse...yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home