Saturday, August 29, 2009

Remembering Ted Part Deux

Because I grew up in Massachusetts and this man was my Senator and the Kennedy's essentially feel like part of the family in this state....oh and Ted actually did stuff for the state, I was glued to the memorial last night...

and to the church service this morning...

and were I in MA today, I would be standing with my mother and my sister at Hanscom Air Force Base in the rain awaiting a moment to salute the casket that will go by, be loaded onto a military plane and flown to the Capitol where he will be buried alongside his brothers.

It is grey, stormy day...much like the day Ted first brought out is friend John Culver out on the water for the first time. I am quite sure, Ted is getting out the boat, dragging his brothers along and hitting the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home