Tuesday, August 15, 2006

and again...

I am away from a computer when I got something to say...GAH! but anyway, I am back in touch with internet access and here we go...

First, you may notice that the blog's got a new name. Well, I figure, 1) it'll be easier to find and 2) as it is a project that I will continuously be working on I figure I can best plug any of its-and my-progress right here. As I got the last rejection letter for the last set of grants I applied for *sigh*, I am preparing to try again, with help and hopefully some decent letters of recommendation. I also will be setting up a couple of good interviews soon AND I am looking at finally getting a digital recorder and setting up the "What Are You?" umbrella at Burning Man :) Woo Hoo! I also just added a new monologue after hearing a great conversation on the A train the other day. I didn't get the guy's side, but his female friend said what she had to say loud and clear and I got the majority of it down :)

In the meantime, if I hear Bush and his people say one more time that we are "safer but still not safe," I will scream at the top of my lungs in the middle of 56th Street. We are NOT safer thanks to this administration's cruel farce of a war in Iraq and the inability to focus on 1) catching Osama Bin Laden, 2) actually making an attempt to discuss PEACE between Israel and Arab nations and 3) spending on actual security like the ports, cargo, airports, trains, buses and the borders rather than staying in Iraq and pretty much telling Israel to go ahead and shoot up Lebanon, hence inspiring a burgeoning new crop of terrorists ready to fight for Hezbollah and other extreme groups (which happen to have been voted democratically into governments as the people see them as the ones helping them out...yet our guys appear surprised and cranky when that happens...)

ANYWAY...just so annoyed by the president right now, I'm somethin; close to speechless.

Here's to a Democratic/Independent Congress in November *clink*

Peace --Alex

And okay, can the Sox beat Detroit now. Detroit took out their 5 game losing streak on the Red Sox last night and while the Sox were able to sweep Balitmore, we couldn't take the Tigers...and of course the Yanks came flying back last night and ended up winning so we are back to 2 games behind. Say all the prayers, hum the good karma and just think POSITIVELY for the Sox tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home