Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dubai or Do not?

The whole UAE ports business is getting a little wacky for me as 1) I don't think any country with the Saudis human rights record let alone ties to to terror should be in charge of even just the operations of these ports. 2) Not all Arabs are terrorists and they are [supposedly] our allies in the "war on terror" and perhaps we'd be giving them a break but 3) There are oil ties to the Administration and 4) this deal was put through and even GEORGE [allegedly] was not told about it until it was a done deal.

Stephen Colbert put it best last night when he said The Word last night was "Maybe"...

The biggest qualm I have is that...it's through THIS administration...and pretty much EVERYTHING THEY DO is sketchy.

IN THE MEANTIME...The White House has put out a Katrina Report...and of course it's the nice version. "Sure there were problems but look 'what went right'" Do they really believe that this repost will be taken seriously...(wait a second...Bush did get back into office...yes they do)

Thank God for David Letterman as he is angry man, and letting it all out...and we are laughing :) http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/02/21.html#a7243

I have been soooo neglectful of my blog...like Bush and medicare, prescriptions, and no child left behind...but I actually have been doing responsible things...like grant madness, mailings, submissions, keeping up on auditions etc...basically, the sooner I get out from behind this desk, the better. I love this day job, but it's time to go and I'd rather leave because of a gig rather than just my need to sell out and make some real money.

And can I just thank all the people that have given to my project? To all those who gave at the get go and may have been wondering how th eheck it's going to those who gave when I found out that I had to raise over $250 last minute when my fiscal sponsor had to change the rules on applying for grants through them...and I had an application due 2/15(!). To just APPLY you have to have at least $1000 dollars raised. I am just over $1000 and after getting out a couple of applications before the rule change, I got the one due 2/15 out pre-post mark date, am awaiting approval from my fiscal sponsor on the sending out of another and am finishing up the application for a third...
A friend also recommended that I look into Danish-American foundations as I am half Danish on mom's side so I will do that as well and see what happens. Wish me luck all :)

and FIGHT THE POWER!!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home