Tuesday, November 16, 2004

A time to be Glib...

I heard it from my friend Fred first:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/111604W.shtml

and then saw it on Bloggerman this morning:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6210240/

and Stephanie Miller brought it up on her radio show...

It's official. There will be a recount in Ohio as the Green and Libertarian parties (or "glib"s as Olberman and staff have turned to calling them) have raised the $150,000 in funds needed for the effort. Wee ha! This should defintiely be an interesting event. Road trip to Ohio anyone? (and I have to admit that I am shocked, shocked I tell you that after all this business began, that I did not have a certain song from the show "Wonderful Town" in my head...until now "Why, oh why, ohhhh...Did I ever leave Ohioooo?" I'll tell ya why...ELECTION MADNESS!...okay all of this would have worked much better a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't even joke then) In the meantime, the battle continues!!

I checked the NY Times on line just to see if there was anything on this...they have an article on paintball, but they do not have and article on the recount. CNN.com has a story about a kid selling pot-laced cookies in New Hampshire, but not this. Newsday has an article about the Pentagon cutting off Boy Scouts, but not this. New York Post on line has nothing, nor does the New York Daily News that I could find. Don't ya think they oughta?! Time to start e-mailing again...In the Boston Globe, they do not have an article on this either, but at least they do have this bit on the issue of provisional ballots, basically saying that there were indeed flaws...and of course, you have to DIG for this article:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2004/11/16/analysts_cite_provisional_voting_flaws/

I have to give the Boston Globe props for that AND for doing an article on something that happened yesterday that I did not see on morning television or even hear about on NPR:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2004/11/16/man_burns_self_in_front_of_white_house/

I was talking to my mother when she told me about it as she watched it on the 5p news back in Boston. Now I don't get home til usually just before 7p (if I'm lucky) so if it was on last night's news and then tossed aside, then I missed it, BUT you would think that perhaps they would have at least have a passing blip on the news this morning about a guy who SET HIMSELF ON FIRE IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE (particularly when it's a guy who says that he's an FBI informant from Yemen who's about to testify in a terrorism trial). maybe that's just me.

BUT OF COURSE THE BIG STORY IS:

*to the tune of NK Cole's Mona Lisa* Condoleeza, Condoleeza, Bush has hired youuuu...

Just as Colin Powell was saying, "Hey, I'll hang out til you fine a replacement...", They didn't give the man time to clean out his office before letting everybody know that Condi Rice would be taking over as Secretary of State. If ever there was proof of that Administration circling the wagons I don't know what is. The voice of moderation has left the building and the unflappable Condoleeza Rice will stand by her man at an even closer and higher level than before.

Okay...who's waiting to hear news about the affair? *raising hand*

STUCK IN THE SENATE WITH YOU...Kerry is back at his "modest third floor office". Yes, we are all disappointed, but at least he's not just going into seclusion or retiring, the man is back to work and out to fight for us, so I say go ahead and write him a welcome back e-mail at:

http://www.senate.gov

AND KEEP E-MAILING! A recount is about to happen and don't you think some people outside Ohio ought to hear about that? Write, call, e-mail, fax your local papers, the networks, etc etc etc as well as your Congressfolk! And, what do i always say?

Pass it on, pass it on, pass it on!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home