Wednesday, November 03, 2004

the state of our nation

all right, I've been gone a while. I've been engulfed in baseball madness and the sleep depravation that came along with it, but I had to speak this morning...well type..

I went from experiencing one of the greatest moments in my life-the Red Sox winning the World Series-to one of the worst-this morning. It is a devastating state of affairs as our nation has decided to allow George W. Bush to be "President" for four more years.
Personally, I want to know what the f*** is in the water in the South and Midwest. I'm sure some of them would like to know what's up with the coasts, wondering why we can't vote like the innards of the country...and I'm sure we both think that our cases are pretty obvious. But to know that there are enough people out there that have fallen for the petty fear mongering of this administration-that we are in danger for our safety (and you know what, as we never did catch Osama Bin Laden, the guy who actually attacked us and the insurgency continues to rise in Iraq, a country that never attacked us but sure is pissed now, there's actually a shot at this), that the gays are going to take over the world, women are going to be having abortions in order to give fetuses to stem cell research and liberals are out to ban the Bible-well it just boggles my mind and upsets me greatly.
A co-worker did say to me though, "The battlefield is always bloody, but we have to stay on the field. Don't give up the fight and don't move to the Bahamas..." I think I'll stick with that mantra and keep up the good fight for the next four years. Cause we can't cut this administration any slack now. We just can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home