Friday, September 17, 2004

Are you ready for some Baseball?!?!

All right, when not trying to shamelessly plug my upcoming cabaret, I am a die-hard Red Sox fan (shut up...I can hear your "I'm sorry"'s from here). And, as of this evening, they are heading back to NYC for a weekend series. I, of course, would prefer a proper humbling of the cocky bastards known as the Yankees, but, it appears that whether they are Boston, or we are here in NYC, the opposing team has to win at least one game. It seems to be karma saying "it's only fair". Though, if a sweep could occur, I would be undoubtedly gleeful.
If you are a Red Sox fan in this city, and have been wondering where to find some "brothers/sisters in arms" with whom to watch a game, head on down to the Riviera Cafe down on West 4th by Christopher St. I heard about it for the first time last year when the Sox fans there flooded the place during the playoffs. I finally went just last week and, oh it just felt so good to be surrounded by fellow Sox fans and a sympathetic bartender. Jim, the bartender is excellent, and the atmosphere is fun and homey. I think the best description, though, came from the Rhode Islander I was seated next to, who said the Riviera is like "an embassy for Boston". It truly is a safe haven for Sox fans to enjoy the game and a beer or two with your compatriots. If you head down, I'll probably see ya there at least once this weekend. Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home