Tuesday, October 13, 2009

*sigh*

Baseball season is over...at least it is for Red Sox nation, thanks in no small part to Jonathan Papelbon. Jonathan Papelbon, back in 2007, was our star closer. He would stare down his opponent across from the mound, and without a thought, strike out the side. Basically, it became generally assumed that once he hit the mound, the game would be over.
Last year, he started getting a little sketchy.
This year, I started to feel like I was watching Derek Lowe before they made him a starter; he could be brilliant, cause a lot of drama by walking people or letting in runs, but would still win the game, or then he would just give up runs and blow the game entirely.
The other night, Pap went for the "give up runs and blow the game entirely approach.

Now I can't say that the Sox would have won the next couple of games and come from behind from a 2 game deficit, but I would like to believe that they at least would have gained some momentum, and possibly pulled out a win...
And then been smacked around by the Yankees.

Thus, I actually prefer the Anaheim win as the last thing I needed to deal with was all the Yankee fans I know dropping karmic payback on my head for the all the trash talk I've been able to indulge in for the last few years.

There's definitely going to be a shakeup in the lineup for next season...and if they keep Pap, will they make him a starter?

In the meantime, GO ANGELS!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home