Sunday, March 30, 2008

Speaking of the research...

There are many reason for which I married my husband, but one of them has turned out to be the fact that he overall is more organized than I am. He has been putting together a book for me of all the places I am visiting, including maps, lodging, chambers of commerce, taxi service, local newspapers, etc etc etc. It is going to be darn handy while on the road and will hopefully keep me from having that awkward overtired rock star moment of shouting "Hello Cleveland!" from the stage when I am in Yazoo City, MS. He also is going to see about a) adding a map to my blog adding virtual pushpins to keep track of the excursion and/or b) will keep a journal of his own with said map.
In other news, today, while talking to my cousin Susan, she suggested that I write articles about the experience to various magazines and newspapers. I do plan on doing this as well and will see what happens along the way. As I told her about the topic of the show, she told me about how a couple of weeks ago, a woman at her office asked her the origin of her last name. Susan replied that is was her former husband's name and she didn't know. The woman was apparently rather surprised by this and asked "Well, didn't you ask your husband?", to which Susan replied, "No, and I really didn't care." While growing up in the northwest, she wasn't asked about her backround, and hadn't had anyone ask her about it, really, until this woman. I think it's part of who you are, she said, but not all of who you are. "And sometimes people judge you," on your reply, she added. I agreed with her, but also couldn't help but think about how there's always a conversation when I talk about "the question". And I can only hope it continues as I hit the rails.

In the meantime, let's congratulate my "cousin" Tami and her husband Kent on their new little girl Aya who is all of ten days old today! Woo Hoo! And yes, please let's congratulate the Red Sox for not only winning yesterday's exhibition game in LA (stupid thing to have THREE exhibition games AFTER the season has begun) but doing it in from of a record stadium crowd of 115,000.

That is the news for today.

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home