Friday, March 28, 2008

Gotta love the fun facts...

As I do research about the places I am visiting, I have loved learning that Winnemucca not only means "one moccassin" (thank you for that Gemmie), but the town also has four brothels and a Basque Festival (which sadly I will not be in town for). Winslow, AZ not only has THE corner from the Eagles' song "Take It Easy", but also is home to the last of the Harvey Houses - The LaPosada Hotel. You bet I started hearing Judy Garland singing as soon as I saw "Harvey House" listed. They do have a Winslow Harvey Girl luncheon and I will be in town during Railroad Days! In Ottumwa, IA, the last of the Lincoln-Douglas debates was held. There will something fun to learn and observe in every place I visit, hence I will have to use my limited time in these places wisely; but I cannot wait to get this thing started and to start talking to folks across America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home