Tuesday, March 13, 2007

let's see...

if I can actually finish a post this time...

this seemed to be so much easier when I started it and now I am ridiculously distracted. Admittedly there have been times when I do feel that I am doing nothing more than preaching to the choir and all, but I have heard from some folks that I have posted events and stories they actually haven't heard about yet, so I am back at it. Particularly as it is a busy week my friends.

It's been a busy TIME.

I mean, "Scooter" Libby got convicted...yes he's a fall guy, but perhaps we can look at this as, if we can get him. perhaps we can move up. And speaking of the White House getting busted, those court firings? First, it was proven FINALLY that the Administration did start all that nonsense...up to two years ago...no wonder George loved Harriet Miers so much. And Alberto Gonzales has had to concede that those firings were "mishandled" at the White House. And did we mention that Charles Schumer is leading the Dem pack asking for Alberto to step down?

In another facet of administrative busting, General Peter Pace-our top general- today, after sharing his views on homosexuality, has had to backtrack. He won't apologize for his [backward] "personal opinion" about homosexuality, but said that he should have focused the interview he was giving to the Chicago Tribune on "the policy" rather than his own views on "immorality". And can we just give a round of applause to Representative Marty Meehan (MA) for trying to repeal the "don't ask don't tell" policy? Rock on, Mahty! I mean seriously, is Pace the kind of guy we want as the top general when he believes that 65.000 of our enlisted troops are acting "immorally"? I figure as long as we're cleaning house in the military, why not consider getting rid of Gen. Pace, hmmmmmmm? but that's just me...

In the meantime...when was the last time you hit a good protest?

There is a big march on the Pentagon this weekend (www.unitedforpeace.org), AND for anyone in New York, join Times Up for The Ride To End All Wars on the 3/18: www.times-up.org

I unfortunately have to miss both of these as I just got a gig that starts Saturday, BUT GET OUT THERE PEOPLE! LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION!!! Cheny may think this is bad for the troops, but what you know what's bad for the troops? Sending them back to duty not fully recovered, not caring for the wounded here, and TRYING TO SEND MORE OF THESE PEOPLE INTO THE MEATGRINDER (Congress' term, not mine, Mr. VP) THAT IS IRAQ!

ALSO...check www.truemajority.org for their opinions and actions of making sure the Dems know we want action on getting the troops out.

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home