Friday, October 27, 2006

and further reasons to get out Nov 7th

The title headline for the Washington Post today was:

The Year of Playing Dirtier

If you have seen any of the latest campaign ads, they have not just been nasty, but down right ridiculous and offensive. This is how desperate the GOP are now to keep their seats.

I just got my confirmation letter yesterday that I can vote in NYC, yet of course, while there are tight gubernatorial and senatorial races here in New York, in Massachusetts, the gubernatorial race there is definitely something to see.

Deval Patrick is a progressive candidate who got ahead by grass roots efforts and, from what I have heard, sheer charisma. Kerry Healy, the Lt. Governor and his opponent, has been putting out the worst negative ads against him and it apparently it has hurt her tremendously. Only now is she putting out a positive ad about her actual attributes and I am sure that it's only because the negative ads have backfired, but so far it appears that she is still a good deal behind Patrick and she essentially blew herself out of the race.

So far, I think I've seen one ad against Hillary Clinton and two Hillary ads which talk about her attribues and are not negative at all. In the two debates she had against her opponent John Spencer, while Hillary does not have the off-the-cuff verbal sway her husband has, I think she did all right and it appears the only argument Spencer really has against Hillary is the fact that she wants to run for President "and won't be here for us New Yorkers". Most likely, Hil is gonna run, but then again, from what I've read, she takes TIME on major decisions, pouring over every details, asking colleagues for their opinion and advice...months can go by and she still won't know, hence this could actually be the case with '08.

I just love that the two states I have lived in and could vote in, seem to have races that are already set. But I will still get out there November 7th and make sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home