Monday, April 25, 2005

who knew...?

DAMMIT these people making me do my JOB...don't they realize that I have a BLOG to write? And a signifigant marker to recount? A year ago today, I was in Washington DC with what became deemed "The People's Limo Posse", marching in The March For Women's Lives. I am honored to have met those people and to have marched with them and still be in touch with 'em...

Yet it is a shame that despite the over 1 million women, men and children that got out there to speak out, the issue is still as tenuous as ever due to the conservative right basically make their attempts to take over the country.

I'm sure some of you must have seen the video footage from "Justice Sunday" yesterday; the Christian Right's attack on the Senators who dare want to use their right to filibuster Bush's nominees. Bill Frist was a key part of this and...well it is nothing short of frightening. Yet, a part of me still has to ask "Why is Congress so afraid of this Christian Right? Why must these people be allowed to have this hold over America let alone our politicians?" I think it might be a good idea to send a note to your Congressfolk and let them know that you don't get this and that they should suck it up and continue to fight these people before we suddenly have a theocracy on our hands (cause it's bad in a Muslim nation, but okay here...GAH!)

Okay, more when I can actually GET to the paper...

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home