Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The State of the Union...

is really sad, particularly when George is the one who gets to tell us about it. His plan this evening is apparently to "outline" his plan for Social Security (cause even HE doesn't have an exact plan and plans on leaving the details to Congress...like everything else) and discuss the "victory" in Iraq...I highly recommend going to this site of political cartoons to see what most are saying. There was one I saw yesterday, though, that I am glad I was able to find there, thanks to my friend Doug-it's a favorite.

I will not be able to watch the speech tonight and while generally, I am glad to have a distraction as I can't listen to the man talk for longer than 5 minutes (if that long, but tonight I actually would like to see how he turns the vote into his decided victory for Iraq...all right, can I just say ARRRGGGHHH!

He also plans on discussing the Budget ...Should this man really be allowed to talk about money...ever...with our deficit?!?! If you think about it, if he ran his own finances like this he'd have had his accounts closed, credit cards cut up and be homeless right now...or in prison for tax evasion, bad checks, etc...or perhaps swimmin' with the fishes ("Mr. Bush, Fat Louis made you a loan. And then he made you another. And another. You agreed to pay them back. You haven't done that. That cement okay around your ankles?")

Again I say Thank God for Harry Reid. He said in a press conference that "President Bush should forget about privatizing Social Security. It will not happen." I say send the man a little note and say thank you :)

IN THE MEANTIME...

The Dems are leaning toward choosing Howard Dean for the DNC head. Personally I'm just waiting for Dean to yell "YEE HA!" when he gets the gig.

And just so you know, if you have ever wondered what really goes on at the Homeland Security office..it's infighting! Yep, apparently the main reasons they're not protecting us from terror are "personality conflicts, bureaucratic bottlenecks and an atmosphere of demoralization". (hey this happens in MY office..we still get our work done!)

If you think about this, you notice Bush, who we already know does NOT like to be disagreed with and actually, according to the Time Magazine article on him, enjoys the critism he gets...is it just me or has he become even more of a stubborn 5 year old? He really just doesn't want to hear it about leaving Social Security alone, having an exit plan for Iraq, not having a ban on gay marriage, not hiring only your friends. I mean, does he look more and more like he's just standing there when he gets asked for details about his grand plans, arms by his sides, hands balled up in fists, face in a firece cringe saying "NO!" and if you nudge him enough he might just raise his hands to his ears and start saying "LA! LA! LA! LA! LA!"..well perhaps the Homeland Security people have just been picking up on their boss' attitude.

I figure we're allowed to be snippy with George...and we can keep E_MAILING!!! E-mail, call, write, fax your friends and family, the press and your Congressfolk. Let them know that you are PAYING ATTENTION!!! And, as always, pass it on, pass it on, pass it on!

Peace --Alex

PS...Terrell Owens...I know you are going to play, I know you have vowed to play well...but um...you've made Rodney Harrison very unhappy, and you don't make Rodney Harrison unhappy. GO PATS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home