Thursday, January 06, 2005

CALL YOUR SENATORS!!!

So today, in Congress, John Conyers will be standing before Congress, with other representatives to fight the Ohio Electors. Senator Barbara Boxer of California will stand up with him, as she declared yesterday. Conyers and friends only need the one senator, but wouldn't it be nice to have more? I am presently listening to the lovely classical hold music...wait...have just passed on "my concerns to Chuck Shumer's office...now onto Hillary (her line was busy earlier (and all while people are making me do my JOB...there is a poor girl here in the lobby waiting to go in for a job interview while I say "Hello, I was wondering if..dammit it's a MACHINE!"...and as I wait for Hillary...I think it's Chopin) OKAY I got through...I have been told that, only one senator is allowed to be the signatore-and that role has been taken by Barbara Boxer-and that afterward there can be a debate where other Senators can make a statement. I was told that if Hillary was going to make a statment, it would be on her website. I mentioned that this constituent hopes she indeed makes a statement. So we shall see. Start nagging her website now :) And by the way, the girl waiting for the job interview overheard me, asked about what was going on and sent in her plea to Senators through True Majority :).

Keith Olbermann has been writing from his sickbed (you gotta give it up for this man as, whether he's on vacation or in his "sickbed", when news breaks, he's there at the blog) and has a very good report on the whole shabang at:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6210240/

And even CNN has a story about this, you gotta dig for it at the website, but I have it for you right here:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/06/electoral.vote/index.html

IN THE MEANTIME...

Alberto, Alberto, Alberto...according to the headline at CNN.com, he "vows to follow law" if he is confirmed...To me, that's kinda like saying, "okay, okay, I'll stop cheating on my exams if you actually give me an A" cause, you know, following the law BEFORE potential confirmation obviously isn't that big of a deal for him. See the whole story at:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/06/gonzales.hearing/index.html

You should also head to www.wonkette.com as they have a great piece on Gonzalez, particularly information for when he worked for then Governor W. in Texas and left out "key information" on clemency paperwork for death row inmates. Wonkette also has a priceless photo of John McGlaughin with an Ann Coulter doll, please take a look :p

IN THE MEANTIME...

Another story you have to dig for at the CNN.com site is how there are indeed conservative Republicans-particularly Rep. Pence of Indiana- who want to "roll back" some of the stuff Bush is planning...these are guys that juuust may lose GOP funding for their re-election campaigns for saying that word that George hates to hear-"no" (even if they still have horrible conservative ideas):

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/06/undoingbush.sagenda.ap/index.html

Mayor Gavin Newsom of San Francisco, who helped thousands of gay couples get married and got the national debate rolling, is sadly getting divorced from his wife of three years- though they will "remain close friends". Admittedly a part of me was goin' 1) he'd easily find a nice boyfriend in the area and 2) I'm RIGHT HERE! He's tall and cute and willing to make some change, what can I say?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/06/mayoranchor.divorce.ap/index.html

As we continue to hear more about the tsunami aid effort, one story got me a bit today. On the Today show, they talked to a school in Dallas that is collecting teddy bears for the children left behind. Apparently, the woman who has coordinated this effort, has a son who is volunteering in Indonesia. He told her that doctors are-of course-worried about the children, not just because they need food, clothes and shelter, but as they are "not acting like children". Apparently, handing them a teddy bear has been the best medicine while they deal with the trauma of their situation. I believe you can get more info at the Today show website about donating to this project, but, you may just want to, when donating, think about sending down a teddy bear. You can see more at:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/?ta=y

All right, time for me to call Senator Kennedy's office (his phone's been busy for quite some time) and send a thank you e-mail to Barbara Boxer. It is also time for me to remind you to KEEP E-MAILING! Call, write, fax, e-mail your friends, family, the press and most definitely your Congressfolk and LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION! And, as always, pass it on, pass it on...

Peace --Alex :)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home