Wednesday, January 05, 2005

because I got up too early today...

I missed the story on Common Dreams about the rally in Ohio AND how there is a lawsuit from the Bush campaign to stop an election investigation...once again, what is it with the Republicans always wanting to STOP a recount or voting-irregularities investigation???

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0104-01.htm

Sleep depravation is not always healthy when blogging (let alone when you mix that with desperation and a telephone--almost as bad as drunk dialing...yes, I've learned this the hard way...) but unfortunately I've at times been my most creative when itchin' for 40 winks....mmmm...fumes...

You gotta love a headline that reads: "Anti-Schwarzenegger campaign kicks off". Basically the CA State Treasurer is merely asking, "How come Arnie said we'd have a balanced budget and we don't?" See it all for yourself at:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=4&u=/ap/20050105/ap_on_re_us/schwarzenegger_speech_angelides

And please allow me to add this article sent to me by my friend Fred: Resolutions for The Damned.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2005/01/05/notes010505.DTL&nl=fix

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

This site started out as a place to plug my own stuff so here's a couple things to plug :)

1) If you find yourself at the Richard Tucker Gala at Alice Tully Hall on 1/11, look up at the back row of altos as I will be singing with the New York Choral Society as we perform as what I call, the back-up chorus to such opera artists as Denyce Graves, James Morris and others.

2) I'm making my directing debut as part of the Strawberry Theatre Festival at the Riant Theatre 2/9. The piece I am directing is called Well Laid Desert by Walter Brandes :)

And if anyone has any great suggestions for grants for individual artists I am well open to them as I have been hunting down stuff on line til my eyes cross but have only a couple of options thus far. Feel free to "comment" on this (or hell anything else you've read thus far :))

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home