Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Ridge Resigns

Yes, Tom Ridge has resigned from his job which seemed to entail telling us all to stock up on duct tape and bottled water and try to explain the "increase in chatter" that would lead to a rise from "yellow" to "orange" on the terror rainbow chart (mind you, up until very recently, New York was "orange" all the time, so this generally meant nothing to me). Unlike with other positions recently vacated in the cabinet, the administration sees no reason to announce a replacement any time soon. Now, is it just me or isn't that job supposed to be kind of important...or, like Osama Bin Laden, that's just not the priority right now?

Also, gotta love my friend Geoff for passing this story on to me from CNN about Jesse Jackson's visit to Ohio:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/29/ohio.vote.ap/index.html

AND...as I was typing this entry, I was listening to the NPR hourly news report on my fav public radio station here (WFUV 90.7) and loved hearing that "President Bush thanked Prime Minister Martin so many times during his speech that Martin was left embarrassed.." and earlier I heard that Bush was refraining speaking before Canadian Parliament as members are allowed to heckle the speaker (oh that's something I'd pay good money to witness). Perhaps he DOES have a clue that people just don't like him very much.

pass it on, pass it on, pass it on...

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home