Friday, December 16, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Happy Hannukah, Blessed Ramadan, Happy Yule, Happy Kwanzaa...

You gotta love it when, not only was there not a transit strike here in NYC but the first three headlines on Yahoo News this afternoon go like this:

Senate Rejects Extension of Patriot Act (AP)
Bush Won't Discuss Report of NSA Spying (AP)
Iraq Reports Some Complaints About Vote (AP)


And also, just know that Bush had to concede on McCain's bill on torture...wow, it just makes a girl all teary eyed...that's some of the best stuff I could get for the Holidays :)

With the whole NSA business, all I could think this morning, did Bush actually get advice from Nixon ("yeah, cause he's one of my favorite presidents")? And really, while scary and annoying, was it really surprising? I would be surprised if that's what led some of those Senators to refrain from reactivating the Patriot Act...

IN THE MEANTIME...

Not like I've been really good lately at keepin' up of late (I'm telling you they're makin' me WORK here!), it'll most likely be another week before I get back to y'all as I will be heading to MA for Christmas as of tomorrow morning and will, for the most part save for a potential trip to the library, computerless...but I will be able to do something there I can't do in New York; Listen to Stephanie Miller.

As you celebrate whatever lovely holiday you are celebrating, remember those less fortunate, remember those with no family, remember those overseas...

and remember to KEEP E-MAILING! Looks like some of this is actually WORKING!!! Keep e-mailing, calling, writing, faxing your friends and family, the press and your CONGRESSFOLK as it appears that they are listening and the Bush White House has cracks in its walls. Fight the Power people and have a lovely peaceful holiday :)

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home