Tuesday, June 14, 2005

FINALLY!!

The Michael Jackson case is over...okay not quite as we will have "analysis" for the next few days at least...so maybe, maybe we'll get to things like, you know, Iraq and the economy and all that...or perhaps we'll have some other sensational story to give more time to the White House website scrubbers...

IN THE MEANTIME...When the country has not been fixated on Michael Jackson walking, or the kidnap situation in Aruba, there actually has been NEWS about the Republicans "eating their own". I mean, come on, when you got the guy who created the terms "Freedom Fries" and "Freedom Toast" saying that we oughta get out of Iraq and Republican Florida Rep. Martinez says we oughta close Gitmo, well, can't you just smell the GOP barbeque?

Of course, Cheney, through eternally gritted teeth, has declared that there are no intentions to close Guantanamo and apparently is defending the torture-I mean, "treatment" of detainees there.
"Now, does this hurt us from the standpoint of international opinion?" Cheney said at the National Press Club. "I frankly don't think so. And my own personal view of it is that those who are most urgently advocating that we shut down Guantanamo probably don't agree with our policies anyway." *"and...why...can't...these people...LISTEN..to me?...I'm in charge, don't they understand that? grrrrrrr..."*

And speaking of not agreeing with certain policies, a Pakistani activist has been kidnapped cause she dare spoke out about honor killings and rape in her nation, built schools, and a battered women's shelter, leaving Pakistan's President Musharaff "very unhappy with her".

And speaking of being very unhappy, it looks as if the Dems might actually be doing something about the Downing Street Minutes...perhaps you want to give them a nudge about this? I keep hearing little blips about setting up an investigation and then poof it's gone again...AND the Supreme Court went pretty much down party lines when clearing a death row inmate who had declared that racism was involved in the jury picking...did I mention that this was in Texas?

And I am sure some folks have GOT to be unhappy about the HEAT here in NYC...but the one advantage to being at work is that I am in AIR CONDITIONING (and thanks to my friend Jeff, a big Chinese fan for when I am not) so besides not being sweaty without good cause, here's some other things to be happy about:

If y'all find yourselves in NYC this weekend, starting Thursday, I'll be part of a dance performance with live music (singing as, well you just don't want to see me dancing). The Christopher Caines Dance Co. has a beautiful piece called Tenebrae being performed at St. Marks-On-The-Bowery, featuring the music of Tomas Tallis including his 40-part motet (yes 40 individual parts) Spem In Alium, The Lamentations and If Ye Love Me. I['m only singing on the Thursday night performance but really think this'll be something to see...

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/420a2430_31f3/bc/Mail+Attachments/CCDC_Tenebrae.jpg_best_to_mail?bf0uvrCBiNASJRV4

AND I'm doin' the cabaret again for ONE NIGHT ONLY, Sunday July 10th at The Encore. Come On Down!!

All right, back to the phones I go, but before I do, you know I can't leave without telling you to KEEP E-MAILING!!! E-mail, call, write, fax your friends, family, the press and your Congressfolk and let them know that you are PAYING ATTENTION!! and as always, pass it on, pass it on, pass it on!

Peace --Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home