Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Quotes from my friend Lara and Whoopi G.

From Whoopi Goldberg (in the New York Post):

"My party abandoned me. There's no other way to say it: they put their tails between their legs and they ran. I've closed my eyes to the party. I haven't turned my back on them, but I no longer feel comfortable saying that I feel like I'm represented by them. Until people can stand up for what's right in the face of whatever is flying at you, nothing is going to change."

From my friend Lara:

"makes me sick to my stomach...

it's official, democrats are pussies."

This primarily is over the filibuster compromise, as while it's nice to avoid a Senate shutdown, it blows to lose a chance to filibuster judges like Priscilla Owen...who was approved by the Senate today 56-43. Just sad, man.

And speaking of sad...this from my friend Fred...

Yet the House has decided to pass a bill for stem cell research...George plans to veto and had an absolutely shameless press conference yesterday...but despite all that even the Republicans said "Screw you and your veto", and voted to pass the bill anyway.

And speaking of Republicans standing up to George-at least a little-George Voinovich again declared that he feels that John Bolton is not the right man for the job of UN Ambassador...and he ain't the only one...

Okay can OUR people speak up more PLEASE?!?!? Might be a good time to send a note to your Senators and Congressfolk about how you want them to stand up more for YOU. There may be a compromise on board here, but they need to know that, particularly with a Supreme Court seat soon to be up for grabs, you are paying attention and do want Bush and his people to throw another arch conservative up there. Fight for the judiciary and let them hear ya!

All right, as the phones seem to ring everytime I am typing (let alone have a personal phone call), I have to cut this short but always remember to KEEP E-MAILING!!

Peace --Alex

And can someone PLEASE tell me when Spring is to return to the upper East Coast?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home